How do I log a cache that doesn't seem to be published?

Smittengranny

Have recently found 2 caches that I cannot find on a map. Can I log them and how? Sorry if this topic has been covered before.

If they're yet to be published caches on GC.com then you can't log them, yet.

They may be caches listed on one of the other listings sites. Have you tried looking on them?

Were there any cache names, GC numbers, or the name of the hider, on or in the caches you found? This may help folk help you identify them.

Have recently found 2 caches that I cannot find on a map. Can I log them and how? Sorry if this topic has been covered before.

Anything to identify which caches they are?

They could be finals for a multi or puzzle.

Or.

IF they are unpublished caches on Groundspeak, waiting to be reviewed, you will have to wait until they are published.

They could be listed on another site... :unsure:

You've found them, if you signed the log you can log 'em! :laughing:

You're a bit sketchy on the details, but if they are Unpublished Listings, you won't be able to log them until they get Published.

Other possibilities to consider are:

1. They are caches/letterboxes that are not listed on geocaching.com.

2. They might be Final cache locations for a Puzzle/Multi.

3. They might be Archived Listings.

If you have coordinates for where you found the containers, one of the Reviewers/Moderators might be able to shed more light on your mystery.

Did you find/sign a blank log?

There's lots of possibilities, as the other replies have said.

If there were logs in them, and other signatures, they could be archived caches that weren't picked up.

Multicaches, puzzles, unpublished caches, archived caches, letterboxes, other geocaching sites...the list is quite extensive.

Without any details, it's hard to guess what you may have found.

Thanks for prompt replies. I have the coordinates but that is all. Will try another site. Thanks again.

See you are in Australia.

They do have their own version of this site...

Yes geocaching.com.au is a huge site and contains many many caches that are not listed on the GS site. That would be the first place to look.