Date wrong

Hillster

Hi there. I have gone into my profile on Geocaching.com and set the time for where I live. (Sydney, Australia) however it shows a day behind. Can any one tell me how to change the date to the correct date. I can change the format but not the actual date. The date on the computer is correct as well. When I log a chache I have to continue to change the log date. Thanks Kev Hill

A long known problem for those to far from the time zone of GS. Some have used third party apps to log and say that gets it correct. Are You by chance logging from a phone which seems to have that problem. Loading field notes from a handheld also seems to work better.

Groundspeak is located in Seattle and the default date is for that city. Sydney is 17 hours ahead of Seattle so if you are logging before 5pm Sydney time, the default date will be a day behind. If you log after 5pm Sydney time, you'll notice the default date is the same as Sydney because Seattle has then ticked over to the same day as us. I also live in Sydney. Just something us Aussies have to be aware of when logging our finds.