Possible to send coordinates from Garmin handheld to 'car' GPS?

Is there a pair of Garmin GPSes that will let me send coordinates from a 'handheld' (e.g. GPSMAP 62) to a 'car' GPS (currently have a nüvi® 3490LMT, but a little unhappy that I can't send to it from an iPhone with smartlink, so already considering a newer nuvi...)?

I'd prefer an RF protocol (and bluetooth over ANT), but IR is okay, I suppose...

Sort of an aside: is the ability to send an address from Google maps (on a desktop computer) to a Garmin GPS over the air (I think it used the traffic system) just totally dead?

None of what you suggest is possible, no nuvi can receive user data 'over air'.

Not really true. Most of the newer Nuvis with bluetooth can receive data from a smart phone with the Smartlink app. I suppose it should be possible with a Monterra and the app. The normal bluetooth handhelds (Oregon 6xx, 64) don't have the software built in to do it. A 62 does not have bluetooth, so it has no way to connect regardless.

Edited by Red90

Must confess I'd forgotten that feature was there on some nuvis ... never bothered with a smartphone link

It is very useful for in the car. You can search for things on your phone when they are not in the maps and send them to the GPS.