Logged a geocoin in the wrong cache

macandcheese75

I was out doing some caching this morning and dropped a geocoin in one of them. I logged the finds on the computer when I got home. I accidentally "dropped off" the coin in cache "A" when I actually, physically placed it in cache "B". Is there a way I can correct this? I tried to "retrieve" it but I lack a record of the coins code.

I was out doing some caching this morning and dropped a geocoin in one of them. I logged the finds on the computer when I got home. I accidentally "dropped off" the coin in cache "A" when I actually, physically placed it in cache "B". Is there a way I can correct this? I tried to "retrieve" it but I lack a record of the coins code.

I have done this in the past too and also had some of my trackables placed inappropriately. I emailed the owner of the trackable, and let them know which cache they're item was in. They can then log it properly if they are concerned about it.

I'd email the owner for the tracking code so I could grab it from the "wrong" cache and drop it in the "correct" one.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ THIS ... is the best idea, imo.

If the owner of the trackable owner doesn't reply or might be inactive, then e-mailing the Cache Owner and leaving a note in the cache logs is the next best thing. You could leave a note in the cache where it shows to be in the inventory and a note in the cache where you actually dropped it in explaining what happened.

You should probably log on both caches, that the trackable you did not place but logged into cache A is not there, and in Cache B, say that there is a trackable item in cache B but it is not logged in there.

Hope this helps! ;)