How do I find local members?

74vwBus

Hello from Altoona PA. I was wondering how I can find local members? Looking to meet up with other folks to do some caching. Also looking to find local events or events close enough to attend. CITO and such. We love camping! Any camping events would be great! Thanks for any and all info!

Hello from Altoona PA. I was wondering how I can find local members? Looking to meet up with other folks to do some caching. Also looking to find local events or events close enough to attend. CITO and such. We love camping! Any camping events would be great! Thanks for any and all info!

There's a few different ways to find out about events in your area.

1.) Go to your profile, scroll down to the Search options box and click on "List newest in xxx"

2.) subscribe to the weekly newsletter

3.) Go to the Hide & Seek page, and search by state (PA):

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?state_id=39

Events (megs & CITO's included) are listed first, before the newly-published caches.

4.) Host an event yourself. Doesn't have to be elaborate. "Meet & greet" at a local restaurant, coffee shop, or in good weather a local park.

If you do want to have one at a restaurant or coffee shop, make sure you contact the establishment first and discuss with them reserving a room for your group. You might get from 10 to 30 or more folks showing up, so you want to have establishment prepared to deal with a large group at one time.

Have fun.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Events are a great way to meet other cachers but not the way I have started talking with most. I usually end up with questions on one of there hides or they have questions on one of ours and we end up talking online for some reason. I have made many friends on my fishing site but most don't live as close. I am not that sociable of a person but now for some crazy reason have about 8 caching friends that it seems like I go caching with almost every weekend or every other weekend often on long trips for all day. Kind of crazy really.