way points

Just the other day I took a bunch of way-points, Now when I go to way-points on my GPS I do not see them Where did they go? I have a Oregon 550t. I had just left the naming as 1,2,3,4 exet. If I try to creat one now it wants to create 22 which 21 was the last on that I created.

Thanks

Edited by Jordan29

I should add that unless/until you use the feature that clears all waypoints (even if you have manually deleted them), the count remains incremental from where you left off when you add new ones. That is why your new ones started at 22, etc.

Until you find the ones you want to keep, you won't want to do this, but ...

Setup / Reset / Delete All Waypoints

After doing that, you'll find that you're back to #1 again when you start creating new ones.

Have you tried WhereTo Waypoints?

Or pan to where they are on the map and look for them.

Lastly mark one where you are standing and then look for it.

I don't think that you get file for each waypoint. Mine compiles into one file with the date.

If you have a bunch of caches loaded the Waypoints list will be filled with them and you might have to search by alpha to find one that is a distance away.

Edited by Walts Hunting

Have you tried WhereTo Waypoints?

Or pan to where they are on the map and look for them.

Lastly mark one where you are standing and then look for it.

I don't think that you get file for each waypoint. Mine compiles into one file with the date.

If you have a bunch of caches loaded the Waypoints list will be filled with them and you might have to search by alpha to find one that is a distance away.

Ya not sure what happened but I think they are gone.