Garmin Dakota 20 trying to use

Hi...I started geocaching about 7 years ago with a Used Garmin 12. I recently purchased a Dakota 20 and cannot figure out how to use the waypoint coordinates and compass at same time. I am able to put in coordinates and hit Go To but just come up with a big map...I'm used to typing in coordinates and having a compass show which way to go. Can anyone help? I'm feeling pretty inept at this point and miss my garmin 12 lol. Thanks!

Edited by motorcycle-couple

I think what the problem that is trying to be stated here is that after entering coords and selecting the type of travel (ie Direct, Auto, etc.) it then comes up with the map. This is fine until you get real close and want to use the compass. I know that when I select compass, it seems to always come up with the closest cache. I have both a Dakota 20 and an Oregon 550T.

How do we get the compass to work with the coords that the map seems to not have an issue with?

[…] I'm used to typing in coordinates and having a compass show which way to go. Can anyone help? […]

[…]

How do we get the compass to work with the coords that the map seems to not have an issue with?

Just use the compass page:

garmin_dakota10_page-navigation_en.jpg

Tip: Tap on the icon bottom right and choose another dashboard (use: small data fields).

Hans

Edited by HHL

I think what the problem that is trying to be stated here is that after entering coords and selecting the type of travel (ie Direct, Auto, etc.) it then comes up with the map. This is fine until you get real close and want to use the compass. I know that when I select compass, it seems to always come up with the closest cache. I have both a Dakota 20 and an Oregon 550T.

Thank you so much!