requests to perm archive caches

Rabid Bunny

I'm not trying to be a jerk, and I don't even know this Cacher..but how should I go about asking to have them archive thier own cache?! One that is driving me crazy cause it has shown up on my page for a year now as unavailable? The cache owner placed a note stating they would get it back out there soon, which was posted last June or July. The cachers themselves haven't logged a find in 10 months. So without me searching throughout the entire history of geocaching logs, does anyone know if admin can step in so I'm not personally approaching a cacher to remove the cache? Again, trying to avoid being a jerk this time. Maybe I should post a suggestion on one of the other forums, but I figured I'd start it here since it's a midwest cache. Any suggestions?

imurevenge.gif

"Look at the bones!"

There is no "being a jerk" to it RB. Any of your favorite neighborhood admin can look at, and deal with any of the caches.

I am sure that GC.com does not want a bunch of junk, geo-trash out in the woods or on the website. If anyone sees a problem caches of any sort, it is always an option to mention it to an admin if working with the cache owner is not an option or is going nowhere.

More than likley the admin are not aware of what is going on with each of the hundreds of caches that are out and about and a little "heads up" would more than likely be appreciated.

Caches "X marks the spot" and the "Whit Bros. Cache " both looks like it might be a problem for your "nearest list."

I am sure the WGA fella can get ya fixed up. Be sure to let someone know what the cache names are tho. Maybe just posting the names will clear up the problem.

glenn

Go to the page of the cache in question and log it. When you log it, choose the Archive action and give the reason why. The Admin will read it and take action on it.

I did archive a local cache that way last year (The big concrete hill) because it turned up missing.

Lone Duck

The Quack Cacher

Wow, are you admins opening the door here. There are several in Chicago that have been temporarily unavailable for more than six months. One was even replaced but with a new waypoint and they still left the original temporarily unavailable. I guess I'll email the IL Admin and see if these can be archived. It sure would be a pleasure to not see them on the list of nearest caches.

I'd rather go geocaching!

Greenback -

Now that we have more than 30 regionalized Admins, there is more time for projects like cleaning up geocaches that have been temporarily disabled for many months. You indeed should contact IL Admin.

I did some cleanup in Ohio and Pennsylvania this week in response to several requests from users. BusBoy, in answer to your question, my territory includes eastern Ohio. The MiGo Admins help out a lot in Ohio, especially in the Northwest/Toledo area. And the Kentucky and Indiana Admins help out the Cincinnati area. To top it off, mtn-man knows the Ohio landscape very well, too, and the Maryland approvers jump in when things get busy. I'd say that Ohio is very well-covered even though there is not a dedicated Admin who is in-state.

--------------------

Saving the day and approving all the caches... before bedtime!

A couple days ago I archived 23 caches that were "temporarily disabled". Many of these have been disabled for over a year.

IMHO, this feature is so that a cache owner can take a cache of service while repairs are made. If the cache owner chooses not to fix the cache, it should be archived.

These disabled logs litter the search pages and can lead to confusion.

Contact your local admin with the problem cache and ask them to take a look at it. Otherwise, let me know an I'll also take a peek.

WGA-admin