Latest Geocaching Bomb Scare

I came across this article/video about a geocaching bomb scare on my former hometown newspaper's website and wanted to share: http://www.nwherald.com/2014/04/08/suspicious-object-in-algonquin-a-part-of-treasure-hunting-game/aky2dsk/

In the video the officer says something like "we have the geocacher and they are going back to the police department with us"! :unsure: There are a lot of caches within city limits in Algonquin and Crystal Lake. I hope this doesn't become an anti-caching zone.

I came across this article/video about a geocaching bomb scare on my former hometown newspaper's website and wanted to share: http://www.nwherald.com/2014/04/08/suspicious-object-in-algonquin-a-part-of-treasure-hunting-game/aky2dsk/

In the video the officer says something like "we have the geocacher and they are going back to the police department with us"! :unsure: There are a lot of caches within city limits in Algonquin and Crystal Lake. I hope this doesn't become an anti-caching zone.

Looks like this cache.

And I think the Deputy Chief meant "we have the geocache and it's coming to the station with us."

We can learn from this experience and try to get the message out...

Seems like they understand things happen, and are willing to work with geocachers. I doubt it will become an issue.

Now the cache painted, presumably some shade of military/camo green, and made out of PVC would bring an officer from the EDU to check on it at the very least either way. After all the difference between that and a pipe bomb is whats inside. Outside is the same.