I logged a didn't find, how do I receive response

Friendly Ferret

They'd email you through your profile. They don't SEE your email address, but the email will come through the email you have on file for the geocaching site.

I'll send you one now, so you see what it looks like.

Edited by TriciaG

Welcome Friendly Ferret!

In the vast majority of cases, most Cache Owners wouldn't bother emailing you with an update or further hints. However, they might post a Note on the Listing page, or other Users might post a Note if they happen to check on the cache. Starting out, it might be helpful to start a Watchlist of some of the caches you couldn't find, or caches you thought were fun or clever. Your Watchlist will send you Log Entries made to Listings you put on your Watchlist:

Watchlist and How to Adjust It.

A DNF by a single cacher generally doesn't get a response from a CO. It takes at least or more likely three.

Also if you want a hint or some guidance on a particular cache you should contact the CO through the website. I would recommend checking the box that says send my email address with the request as some will not take the time to respond through the website.

Edited by Walts Hunting

I would recommend checking the box that says send my email address with the request as some will not take the time to respond through the website.

Make it as easy as you can for the CO (Cache Owner) to contact you. It probably increases your chances of getting a response by 85% or more.