Caches mapping to middle of ocean

kittyshrink

Caches mapping to middle of ocean near southeast Asia:

Last week solved GC39VKJ (The Machine: The Return), plugged in corrected coords, geocaching.com map showed it in correct location.

Today, re-ran PQ, GC39VKJ *now shows up mapped to the middle of the ocean near South Korea*.

Also, today solved GC1REY1 (Complicated Zip Codes) - *maps to same location near South Korea*.

Plugged both sets of SAME corrected coords into Bing Maps, both mapped properly.

This reminds me of a bug from 2008 or so. Anyone else having this problem?

Caches mapping to middle of ocean near southeast Asia:

Last week solved GC39VKJ (The Machine: The Return), plugged in corrected coords, geocaching.com map showed it in correct location.

plugged in corrected coords to what? where? You can't "plug in" coords to the Geocaching.com map, as far as I know.

Today, re-ran PQ, GC39VKJ *now shows up mapped to the middle of the ocean near South Korea*.

If you download a listing from the cache page where you've edited the coords, you'll get your corrected coords in that download.

If you create a Pocket Query with that cache included, you won't get your corrected coords.

plugged in corrected coords to what? where? You can't "plug in" coords to the Geocaching.com map, as far as I know.

To clarify: corrected coords plugged into individual cache page (up where orig coords displayed, click on the pencil icon to enter them, they will then download AND map with corrected coords for that user) - they were 1st viewed on the map from the individual cache pages.

If you download a listing from the cache page where you've edited the coords, you'll get your corrected coords in that download.

If you create a Pocket Query with that cache included, you won't get your corrected coords.

To clarify: although I don't believe this has been MY experience (corrected coords not included in PQs), this point is irrelevant. What IS relevant is that 1)the original coords have NEVER mapped to SE Asia, 2)the corrected coords currently DO, although 3)*as recently as a week ago they did NOT*.

#3 is key: it represents a CHANGE in function of the website. I followed EXACTLY the same steps today as last week, with these very different results, i.e, NOT user error.

Change the longitude from West to East, keep the latitude constant, and you wind up.... in the water off of South Korea.

Meanwhile, the corrected puzzle solution coordinates (with West Longitude) downloaded just fine for me in a GPX.

In fact just leave the N/S E/W off. If you enter a positive number the system takes that as E. W longitude is negative.