Unable to download to Magellan

millscrew

Hello! We are new to geocaching and need some help. I have downloaded information to our GPS a few months ago. Now when I try to download, the download button is grayed out. I have uninstalled and installed the communicator and still nothing. I am on IE 11 and I have put that into compatibility mode. still nothing. Getting very frustrated as we were planning on getting out tomorrow to do some hunting! Can anyone help? The GPS unit says it is connected to the PC and I can open the files on my laptop.

Thanks! the Mills crew

Have you tried using a different browser, such as chrome or Firefox?

But since you are a premium member, it may be easier to download a pocket query. If your Magellan supports .gpx files you could transfer the query's GPX file to the unit or copy a single .gpx file to it.

Hello! We are new to geocaching and need some help. I have downloaded information to our GPS a few months ago. Now when I try to download, the download button is grayed out. I have uninstalled and installed the communicator and still nothing. I am on IE 11 and I have put that into compatibility mode. still nothing. Getting very frustrated as we were planning on getting out tomorrow to do some hunting! Can anyone help? The GPS unit says it is connected to the PC and I can open the files on my laptop.

Thanks! the Mills crew

I'm having th same problem downloading to Garmin. I'm running Windows 8.1 with IE 11 and I;ve tried switching to Chrome and Firefox and nothing works. Going round in circles with Communicator Plugin. I have it - it's recognised but still won't operate. Any suggestions gratefully received.

I'm having th same problem downloading to Garmin. I'm running Windows 8.1 with IE 11 and I;ve tried switching to Chrome and Firefox and nothing works. Going round in circles with Communicator Plugin. I have it - it's recognised but still won't operate. Any suggestions gratefully received.

IE11 Try setting Compatibility Mode to accept Groundspeak.

Other suggestion is: log out, log back in...

IE11 Try setting Compatibility Mode to accept Groundspeak.

Other suggestion is: log out, log back in...

In Win7, Opera works for me! Now Firefox is also working for some weird reason. IE11 gives the error "TypeError: Unable to get property 'getElementsByTagName' of undefined or null reference" . No difference after both Groundspeak.com and Geocaching.com are in the Compatibility Mode list, and I logged out & into both sites. I haven't tried any if these new ideas on Win8.

But while either FF or Opera are OK, I'll use one or the other to send the occasional cache page. I use "Send To" infrequently, so when I try and it broke months ago, that's kind of frustrating. I usually save/copy an individual an GPX file, just because that always works (but it's slightly more complicated). It's 10x more work to try to fix Send To, and so far, the only reason it isn't even more work, is I eventually give up, and save-copy the GPX.

Edited by kunarion