Lab Caches - When is the deadline to enter code?

res2100

I got an unexpected surprise this week when a friend created a lab cache for me. I haven't gone to find it yet but I am wondering how much time I have to find it. According to the FAQ, I have to find it by end of day Feb 28.

How long do I have to create or find a personal geocache?

For I <3 Geocaching Lab Caches, creators and finders will have until midnight on February 28th (your local time) to create or or enter the correct find code and receive or give a smiley to someone.

However when I go to the lab cache itself, it says I have 2 days and 10 hrs left to do it which puts it at Sunday March 2nd, 7am.

Has the time been extended to March 2nd? If so I would wait until March 1st to go find it as it's more convenient for me, but I don't want to miss out if it does in fact expire on Feb 28th like the FAQ says.

Hoping someone from Groundspeak can give an answer.

However when I go to the lab cache itself, it says I have 2 days and 10 hrs left to do it which puts it at Sunday March 2nd, 7am.

I'd say you've got until then. I don't know what your timezone is, but it's possible they've just added in an extra day to allow for all timezones, plus an anti-disappointment margin.

Edit - is that midnight on the 1st of March in GMT?

Edited by funkymunkyzone

I'd say you've got until then. I don't know what your timezone is, but it's possible they've just added in an extra day to allow for all timezones, plus an anti-disappointment margin.

Edit - is that midnight on the 1st of March in GMT?

I am in Eastern Time Zone, so that would be 12 noon GMT Sunday March 2nd