Persönliche Swap-Token

BC-ML

Hallo Jungs. Internet übersetzen, so bitte sanft mit mir! :D

Ich brauche Ihre Hilfe. Ich versuche zu verstehen, was persönliche Swap-Token sind: sie scheinen vor allem eine deutsche Sache sein?

Ich habe eins in Großbritannien gefunden und möchten verhindern, logge ich mich es und verschieben Sie es auf korrekt.

Vielen Dank. :D

Hey BC-ML,

your posting became rubbish due to the translation, the only thing which is still clear is, that you need help with something. Most German users here understand English, so it would be easier for us to understand your problem, if you tell us again in English.

Did you find something which has a Code (e.g. a travelbug) on it but isn't one?

Greetings

nabane

dadgum - so much for Google translate - lol! Thought I'd have a go though rather than assume to post in English...

Anyway, my post was in relation to an unusual TB which we found in the UK. It wasn't logged in the cache and when we went to the TB page it is all in German but appears to be a 'personal swap token'. Virtually all the entries are in German where the TB was 'discovered' by various people in various places; only a couple are 'dropped off' entries.

It also seems to have been discovered in Germany during the period it was in the UK cache, including the same day we found it.

The TB has no mission but is also not collectible. Could there be multiple 'tokens' all with the same number on?

As the history is so unlike any other TB we've found I wasn't sure whether to 'discover' it too and just place in another cache or drop off properly as per a normal TB.

It was suggested that personal swap tokens are predominantly a German thing so thought I would ask you kind folk what to do.

(NB I have also messaged the owner but likely my attempt at German has left them baffled too, lol!)

Many thanks :)

Hallo Jungs. Internet übersetzen, so bitte sanft mit mir! :D

Ich brauche Ihre Hilfe. Ich versuche zu verstehen, was persönliche Swap-Token sind: sie scheinen vor allem eine deutsche Sache sein?

Ich habe eins in Großbritannien gefunden und möchten verhindern, logge ich mich es und verschieben Sie es auf korrekt.

Vielen Dank. :D

Hi guys. Translate Internet, so please be gentle with me!  

I need your help. I'm trying to understand what personal swap tokens are: they seem to be a German thing especially?  

I have found one in the UK and want to ensure I log it and move it to correct.  

Thank you.

Hi BC-ML,

Maybe it is a German thing especially. Currently Swap tokens are in fashion and some have tracking codes. Normally there are much more than one and the owner give it off as a gift and one may keep it. I’ve got five as a personal gift, two have tracking codes and I keep them all.

The one you have found is just one among of many and that is the reason why it has been discovered at several places at the same time.

I think you may keep it or you may drop it into another cache (w/o retrieving). Perhaps there is some information on the TB’s site. Is it possible to give us the link to it? We can read and understand the German description to advise you how to handle this issue.

Kind regards

6foot3

Hi BC-ML,

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately there is no information whether you may keep it or not. The sentecnce in red says that some tokens are travelling and it is allowed to grab it. To make sure to handle it correctly I've written a short inquiry to the owner.

Kind regards

6foot3

Hi BC-ML,

Now I've got a response. If you like this token you may discover and keep it as long as you like and you may show it e.g. during events to be discovered by other cachers. If you don't want to keep it, please let it travel and place it after discovering in another cache. Please note: You will not be the owner of the token. So don’t wonder if it will be e.g. grabbed by another cacher who has also found one.

After some similar inquiries now the owner has added this into the listing (sentences in blue).

Kind regards

6foot3

Hi 6foot3,

Thank you so much for your help, most kind.

I'm still a little confused that multiple tokens are allowed on the same tracking number but at least I now understand what my options are for moving this on.

Cheers :)

These are personal signature items comparable with Travel Bug stamps (cf. here) that one can find in logbooks and that can be discovered. There are also wooden geocoins (cf. here) that are really popular mainly in eastern Europe. Some of these have a tracking number as well. You can only discover them, and it's up to you whether you keep it as a memory for a personal encounter or let it travel in another geocache. Same applies to the Flip thingy that you found: discover it, keep it, or leave it in the next geocache that you find. Cheers from Hamburg!

Hab ich den mal gezeigt bekommen von Dir? *sabber*

So wie es aussieht, noch nicht. Ich hab den auch erst vor kurzem mal wieder ausgegraben. Wenn es demnächst wieder heißer werden sollte, bleibt er auch wieder zu Hause. Aber ich will mal an Dich denken, wenn wir uns demnächst auf einem Event treffen sollten. Und wenn ich Dir jetzt noch erzähle, dass ich auch noch einen von Sepp & Berta's original Chocoins habe, dann dürftest Du wohl nur noch rückwärts gehen, da Dir ansonsten der Sabber auf die Schuhe tropfen würde :D .