missing coin

kubbejoager

I agree, wait a bit longer, but when you do mark it missing, it takes it out of the inventory of where ever it is located, profile or cache. After that it will only show up again if someone happens to come across it, and its not in any inventory they may not log it and keep it for themselves, only seeing that it belongs to someone IF they come to the site and try to activate or search for it.

I would suggest doing what I did with one of mine, that is MIA. I read that while you may mark it missing, a better option would be to place in its name somewhere noticable "MISSING" this way when it is seen in an inventory it will be known that it is missing. I feel that marking it missing and taking out of circulation like that is giving up on it.

Here is my TB as an example: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1991751

I bought off ebay a "lot" of geocaching stuff, this being one of them. When I got it, it was marked missing. After what I read, I unmarked it, and added the MISSING to the name. Now if it ever surfaces again, I can go back into the name and take out the MISSING part.

Just an idea and my opinion.

Various online translators and none like Luxembourgoise/ian so its hard to trace back where or what someone may have said to give you a clue as to what may have happened. But then you've asked the question in all the various languages yourself. Assuming that it isnt clear whether the coin is in the cache or not (going by your question on the cache page itself) you could submit your coin to TB Rescue.

http://www.tb-rescue.com/

The service is free. Just register your coin and its last known location and someone local will accept the request and go and look for you. Obviously this may be of no use to you what so ever but it may help someone else in the same situation. We have had I think 4 TB's rescued by people from all over the world. Anyhow good luck. I would start with whoever visited the cache next after it was dropped off. If there are several logs for that day email all visitors asking if they picked it up. Always be polite and always include your email address in the contact. It makes replying to you easier as they can just hit reply. Cross your fingers.

Best of luck.

Edited by Seaglass Pirates

What's frustrating is when you have a coin with almost 36,000 miles on it and shows it still in a cache but two people tell you it isn't and after doing a little detective work you are about 99% sure a new cacher has it and is holding it. Then you send him a polite email and he won't answer it. If it would have been one with just a couple of thousand miles on it, it wouldn't have been so bad. Also the coin wasn't one that I would call highly attractive or collectable, it was one of the survivors of the great train race from two or three years ago. I think I won't be turning anymore travelers loose.