Watchlust

His 'n' Hers

Would it be possible, via an enhancement, for COs to be allowed to see who has their caches on a watchlist?

I have always been curious as to who is watching my caches and think other COs might like this feature.

I realise I can have an audit list if I make the caches Premium Members only but I dont want to do that, I want to keep mine available to everyone.

Would it be possible, via an enhancement, for COs to be allowed to see who has their caches on a watchlist?

I have always been curious as to who is watching my caches and think other COs might like this feature.

I realise I can have an audit list if I make the caches Premium Members only but I dont want to do that, I want to keep mine available to everyone.

No.

This has been brought up in the forums numerous times, and the answer is always the same. A search of the forums would have been productive.

Help Center → My Account → More Site Functionality → Watchlist Identity

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=145

3.14. Watchlist Identity

How can I tell who is watching my geocache?

For privacy reasons we cannot reveal the names of the watchers of your geocache. Sorry.

If you like, post a note on the geocache page requesting the watchers reveal themselves. Since they are watching the geocache, they will all receive your request by email.

B.

No.

This has been brought up in the forums numerous times, and the answer is always the same. A search of the forums would have been productive.

Help Center → My Account → More Site Functionality → Watchlist Identity

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=145

3.14. Watchlist Identity

How can I tell who is watching my geocache?

For privacy reasons we cannot reveal the names of the watchers of your geocache. Sorry.

If you like, post a note on the geocache page requesting the watchers reveal themselves. Since they are watching the geocache, they will all receive your request by email.

B.

I can understand the privacy aspect but how does that ruling stand up to the use of an audit log on a Premium cache?

I've asked that often. Don't see what the difference would be.

Watchlist, you could remain "watching" the life of the cache.

The audit could just be a quick look (even by accident, linked here in the forums) and you're listed as viewing.

I'm all for hides for premium-only members, but I'd like to see the audit go for the same privacy reasons.

I'll repeat my answer from the almost-identical thread (with a less catchy name) that I predict Keystone will merge momentarily:

What's to be gained, anyway??? I watch about 20 caches for 20 different reasons. CO's should be thrilled that their cache stands out from the crowd enough to draw interest. I'd be happy to speak with any of the CO's about my interest - but I sure don't want to get an email that says, "Uh, why are you watching my cache?" If a CO doesn't want anyone to watch their caches, there's a simple solution: place the cache in the woods, well-hidden, then don't tell anyone and don't publish it on this site. You can enjoy your secret. You can smirk about it at breakfast. At dinner you can say to yourself, "Mwahahahahaha, there's no one watching my cache who I don't know about!"