How do you use your GPS to travel to the cache location?

Just got my GPS this weekend, but waiting till spring to begin the hunt. Do you all use the turn-by-turn directions in your hand held device to get to the location? Or do you copy the coordinates to your car's GPS (if you have one)? Any advice or thoughts?

--Jason

My handheld will navigate, it has a full set of maps on it but I use the Nuvi to get to the location. It's easier and safer to have the Nuvi talk to me then to have to keep looking at the small screen on the handheld.

Just got my GPS this weekend, but waiting till spring to begin the hunt. Do you all use the turn-by-turn directions in your hand held device to get to the location? Or do you copy the coordinates to your car's GPS (if you have one)? Any advice or thoughts?

--Jason

Put GPS on handlebars, cycle to cache location, look for cache, keep cycling.

You can navigate in alot of differnt ways, maps, compass etc. Yes, you can put it in on a car sat-nav.

It depends on where the cache is hidden. If the cache is a long way from the road then an ordnance survey map (or whatever mapping is appropriate for locating trails in your location) is essential to locate a route to the cache along public footpaths.

Philip

I tend to look at the map online first to get a rough idea of where I'm aiming for, then switch on the GPS as I get closer. It's set for a direct arrow rather than a driven route, so I follow it as far as I can by car and use initiative as to where to disembark and start walking (unless a waypoint has been provided, although 9/10, there isn't one).

Tomorrow, I'm going to Glasgow for a Cup Final and will be at the mercy of wherever the coach chooses to stop (it's stopping somewhere en route for us to have lunch). I'll load up some nearby caches onto my iPhone and if we are close enough to anything, I'll give it a go with that. Not convinced anything's going to be within reach, mind! That technique applies to any situation where I'm not in Caching Mode, i.e., at the mercy of muggles who wouldn't understand about my addiction…

:ph34r: