Error uploading my GWZ file

kanchan

I'm getting the following error when I upload my GWZ file. I can compile the same GWZ file using the Wherigo.com web site, and other compilers. Any pointers?

Error Occured

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet) at Groundspeak.Web.SqlData.SqlConnectionManager.FillDataSetSP(String StoredProc, ParameterList Params, Int32 Timeout, Database database) at Groundspeak.Web.SqlCartridgeController.CreateCartridgeDetails(Guid CartridgeFileGuid, Guid CartridgeGuid, Int64 OwnerId, String Name, String ShortDescription, String LongDescription, String StartingLocationDescription, Int32 CartridgeTypeId, String CompletionDescription, Int64 StateID, Int64 CountryId, Double Latitude, Double Longitude) at Groundspeak.Wherigo.CartridgeDetail.Create(Guid CartridgeFileGuid, Guid CartridgeGuid, Int64 OwnerId, String Name, String ShortDescription, String LongDescription, String StartingLocationDescripton, Int32 CartridgeTypeId, String CompletionDescription, Int64 StateID, Int64 CountryId, Double Latitude, Double Longitude) at cartridge_upload.BtnUpload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I uploaded a gwz, but rather than tell me it had uploaded, i got an error message

http://www.Wherigo.com/error/err.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/cartridge/edit.aspx

I find the cart uploaded 3 times, disabled. Now i can't enable it. Edits just send me to the An Error Has Occurred page, with no change to the cart.

I can link to the disabled cart from the Wherigo cache page i guess.

Edited to add that after several attempts, and for no reason that I can see, I was finally able to edit the cart to an active state.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

I'm also having a user download problem. My file plays file on emulator, compiles to gwz and plays fine on the compile page, appears to upload fine, but crashed and burned the first time someone tried to download it. No special chars in Wherigo or in my cartridge, gwz file size 698k including an audio file that I can't shrink any more at 384k, no text in descriptions, and I even started a new cartridge page hoping it would work there. I'm getting this error on what looks to me like the download, but it says upload:

Error During Upload

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Exception of type 'System.ApplicationException' was thrown.

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at Wherigo.GSPCartridgeService.CartridgeService.GetCompiledCartridgeWithMetaData(GWZMetaData gwzMetaData, String CartridgeFileName, String CartridgeId, Int64 PlayerId, String PlayerName, DeviceType deviceType, String CompletionCode)

at cartridge_download.btnDownload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Not the most helpful of stack traces on my end. Any ideas? I've tried everything in this thread already.

Hi there. I'm trying to upload my cartridge for testing but I'm getting a 404 not found error. When I try to upload it directly from builder it gives the error almost immediately, but when I try it through the Wherigo site, it tells me it's connecting and sending request for about 5 minutes before it spits out:

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Wherigo.GSPCartridgeService.CartridgeService.UploadGWZ(String cartridgeFileName, Byte[] cartridgeFile, Guid id, Int64 ownerId) at cartridge_upload.BtnUpload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

or simply: Error Occurred. The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.

I've zipped the .lua file with all the necessary media and renamed the extension to .gwz, and I've tried both uploading to site and compiling as well. Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by murphley