Downloading Caches to eXplorist 110

D3V1N

Hello

I am having a problem downloading caches to my GPS

I am able to download the caches using the magellan communicator and IE 11 in compatability mode.

I had downloaded a few but they don't appear on the map or when I search for nearby GeoCaches.

The files were there on the device as .gpx files in the geocaches folder but i have reconnected the device now and they have dissapeared.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Are you using "Send to GPS" or Pocket Queries? It sounds like "Send to GPS" if you have just downloaded a few.

With PQ's you needn't use the Communicator (some have said that it doesn't work any more).

Run PQ >

Download that data >

Drag 'n Drop the file(s) into the appropriate file in the unit >

Properly "eject" the unit from the computer >

Go caching.

Very good tutorial here: http://www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk/resources/default.shtml . Just over cursor over "Paperless Caching" in the red banner, click on bottom selection, then choose the Magellan directions (second compass icon).

It tells you how to run a Pocket Query and how to load it to the unit.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Are you using "Send to GPS" or Pocket Queries? It sounds like "Send to GPS" if you have just downloaded a few.

With PQ's you needn't use the Communicator (some have said that it doesn't work any more).

Run PQ >

Download that data >

Drag 'n Drop the file(s) into the appropriate file in the unit >

Properly "eject" the unit from the computer >

Go caching.

Very good tutorial here: http://www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk/resources/default.shtml . Just over cursor over "Paperless Caching" in the red banner, click on bottom selection, then choose the Magellan directions (second compass icon).

It tells you how to run a Pocket Query and how to load it to the unit.

Thanks for that!

I did manage to download the caches individually after a software update but will try the above since its painful adding them one by one!