Returning CHIRP

dadandluc

Got my Chirp in the mail from geocaching.com yesterday... Im not happy. Ive been messing with it for hours and still cannot do a thing.

I have the gpsmap 62 sc. I turn on the unit,it recognizes the chirp (sometimes quickly,sometimes a few minutes,which to me doesnt seem right,you could walk right by it before it picks up you signal ),asks if I want to program it, I say yes,then it goes to the page where you can program it/change name/change message etc but when I hit enter..it just beeps,it wont let me do ANYTHING.... then it back goes into the "searching mode" for the chirp and gives me the searching,searching,searching,searching ring of death and says no chirp found. I have tried a brand new battery,turned unit off and on numerous times,tried it inside and outside,made sure all my updates are up to date. What a bummer..I was SO wanting to put this out there... I will be returning it for a refund...Not sure if I should even bother ordering another one..Very frustrating.. :mad:

What is your "How do I...?" question? If you need help with Shop Geocaching's return policies and procedures, you may want to send them an email. There are links at the bottom of the Shop page for "Returns and Exchanges" and "Customer Service."

Good suggestion. However, I'm guessing that if some chirp user out there chimed in with some great tips on how to get the thing operational, he might not return it. So it seems the unspoken question is "How Do I Get CHIRP to Work?"

What is your "How do I...?" question? If you need help with Shop Geocaching's return policies and procedures, you may want to send them an email. There are links at the bottom of the Shop page for "Returns and Exchanges" and "Customer Service."

Yes, my bad. My "How do I" question is...How do I get the chirp to work properly??? The "instructions" are laughable...

Lots of how to's on you tube.

Yes,and one fellow had a very similar problem...but then his magically started working properly.I can get to the proper screen but it wont let me go any farther. If somebody who has one can help out, I would appreciate it.. but after seeing a video where somebody else was having a problem also...i wonder if there my be some issue with some of these.