Geocaching is Getting too Segregated

lilbeardy

When I saw this thread title I was expecting the OP would be talking about quantity vs quality not Premium vs Basic.

The main problem that if face is that i'm a poor student. Parent's aren't cachers. And i'm still in JR. HIGH.

Your parents let you go geocaching by yourself when you're still in Junior High? Definitely something mine wouldn't have done.

Try asking for a Premium Membership for Christmas or your birthday.

Also, I recommend waiting until college before getting offended about segregation/entitlements/oppression/class warfare/etc.

Looking at your find count spanning 4 years, premium membership would cost you $1 per cache. That's pretty steep, so I understand your disconnect with the fee. I don't think Geocaching is as big of a piece of your recreation time as it is for many of us. Premium membership probably doesn't make sense for you right now, certainly not for stats. If you ever start to cache more often, the other features are a great help.

The main problem that if face is that i'm a poor student. Parent's aren't cachers. And i'm still in JR. HIGH.

That's a lame excuse. My daughter is 12 and she has over $100 in her bank account. Just ask your parents what kind of chores you can do to earn $30.

I think after I buy a cell phone I shouldn't have to pay $30+ every month for the service. seriously $30+ every month; what is the carrier doing with all that money?

I want to sign up with your carrier...I'm paying $140/month. :(

A lot of that expense is so I can connect to Geocaching.com as needed. B)

$140/month? I pay $10/month.

Looking at your find count spanning 4 years, premium membership would cost you $1 per cache. That's pretty steep, so I understand your disconnect with the fee. I don't think Geocaching is as big of a piece of your recreation time as it is for many of us. Premium membership probably doesn't make sense for you right now, certainly not for stats. If you ever start to cache more often, the other features are a great help.

You need to enlist your parents' assistance if you wish to participate in these forums. From the website terms of use:

Minors. Our services are not targeted towards, nor intended for use by, anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to use our services. If you are under the age of 18 but at least 13, you may only use our services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by this Agreement.

I am closing this thread because I do not believe it was initiated under parental supervision. Your parent can write to Geocaching HQ if this judgment was erroneous.