Mapping solved puzzle /mystery cache locations

Abbeyfields

Happy new year to you all!

I have an idea for a new web feature / app feature that I think may be quite popular. Like many others I know, I tend to spend time at home solving puzzle caches in bulk and then over time I go and pick then up when I am nearby. I have a bookmarked list of solved caches which at least keeps them together but it would be really handy if I could add a waypoint which was the solved coords and then be able to view those on a map so I can see where the actual cache locations are in relation to others. At present I do this manually in Google Earth but that isn't ideal as I then have to print that out etc.

What do folks think? Is that something others would find useful? Or is there a better way I could already be doing this?

Thanks and happy caching in 2014! :-)

Abbeyfields (Pete)

After you solve the puzzle and change the coordinates on the cache page (updated coordinates spot) and you save it to a bookmark list, run a pocket querrie for that list. The corrected coordinates will show up on your map, but only when you chose that pocket querrie to view, not when you are just looking at the map.

Edited by dizzabella

After you solve the puzzle and change the coordinates on the cache page (updated coordinates spot) and you save it to a bookmark list, run a pocket querrie for that list. The corrected coordinates will show up on your map, but only when you chose that pocket querrie to view, not when you are just looking at the map.

That's brilliant. How have I never thought of that before?!? Thanks so much Dizzabella! :-)

The problem with that solution is that you don't know from the screen which is solved and which is not. With GSAK you can use the API and it will show in the db which ones have been solved. With the proper settings and macro you can even change the name when you export the cache. I.e. Put a S at the front of the name.

Is GSAK free? I cant see that. Thanks for tip with pocket queries :) but yes its not enough, cause we do not see which are corrected coordinates and which are not..

This is probably the most important missing functionality from web and android application - solving mysteries is fun, but placing to map is pain :(