Geocaching Motivation?

FalseFruit

Hello,

I have been caching since September 2013 and have had 55 finds. As this is not very much, are there any ways that one can be more motivated to cache? How can one efficiently find a good amount of caches? I'm not trying to be concerned with the numbers, but I want to gain as much experience as possible.

Edited by FalseFruit

Travel.

Go to places you have never been, or even thought of going to. Use anything as a reason to go -- seeing relatives, long-lost friends, even in-laws, even if you need to go for a reason that you don't want (work, funeral, wedding, etc.). Just go! Now toss in a bit of geocaching.

You have just opened new horizons, and in the process you just may broaden your own (personal) horizons. Don't be concerned with the number or "efficiently" finding caches. As you go about it, those things will just "happen".

It works!

What is it about geocaching that you enjoy? Do more of that.

What (if anything) about geocaching do you not enjoy? Do less of that.

It's really that simple.

If you enjoy numbers and efficiency and time management, then go ahead and find lots of caches as quickly as you can. But if you enjoy scenic views, or challenging terrain, or clever camouflage, or puzzles, or maintaining a streak, or historic locations, or whatever else, then do that instead. If you aren't sure what you like, then focus on trying different things instead of focusing on numbers.

And if you don't enjoy something, then avoid it. I know people who avoid micro-caches, or mystery/puzzle caches, or high-terrain caches, or high-difficulty caches. That's fine. They don't enjoy them, even though others do. Geocaching is diverse, and not everyone will enjoy the same things.