Upgrading GeoIntro Problem

jcomanda

See some folks with the same issue - I have upgraded the GeoCache intro app paying $29.99 to get the Premium upgrade. Instead I still have the Intro App albeit with access to all the caches but none of the features of the regular app. I have gotten no where with Groundspeak support - can anyone here let me know if they've fallen victim to this upgrade glitch and if there was any resolution?

Premium Membership upgrade has no effect on the Intro App.

You need to purchase the full app. You can do so with or without Premium Membership upgrade.

The Intro app is just that, nothing other than an introduction to geocaching. It is not meant to be a full-service app.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Premium membership ($30) and the full Geocaching app ($10) are two different things. You can have Premium membership without purchasing the app (which you have done) and you can purchase the full Geocaching app without being a Premium member. If you want both you'll have to purchase both.

Some people enjoy the benefits of Premium membership and do not use or even own a smartphone, and so have no need for the app. Conversely, some people cache exclusively with the app and are perfectly happy with only Basic membership. So they are sold seperately.

This question/complaint has come up a lot recently....methinks that Groundspeak should make it a little clearer within the intro app just what is being upgraded, the membership or the app.

I paid the 9.99 to upgrade, so I thought. This App is very misleading. What a rip off! I will make sure all my friends hear about this so they do not make the same error. You are right they need to be clear in what the buyer is getting. At least I did not pay the $30. I would feel sicker then I already do.

I paid the 9.99 to upgrade, so I thought. This App is very misleading. What a rip off! I will make sure all my friends hear about this so they do not make the same error. You are right they need to be clear in what the buyer is getting. At least I did not pay the $30. I would feel sicker then I already do.

In the only other thread on the intro app forum , a lackey said they were, "working on making things more clear for everyone".