What are your opinions for this additional profile feature

bigfishuwish

After using the website for some months now I have put forwards a suggestion to Geocaching.com about an additional feature to have on my profile and would like to hear the community opinions and comments.

This has been taken as a potentially viable idea by Groundspeak and has been passed on to the powers that be and it was suggested that a post on here to get the communities thoughts would be a good idea.

After placing 22 of my own hides and being able to accesss these hides only from the view Geocache maps section, I would like to be able to click on the the section/numbers under my profile name where it shows my finds/hides to bring up a list of just my hides or my finds which I would find exstreemly useful. What do you think ????

After using the website for some months now I have put forwards a suggestion to Geocaching.com about an additional feature to have on my profile and would like to hear the community opinions and comments.

This has been taken as a potentially viable idea by Groundspeak and has been passed on to the powers that be and it was suggested that a post on here to get the communities thoughts would be a good idea.

After placing 22 of my own hides and being able to accesss these hides only from the view Geocache maps section, I would like to be able to click on the the section/numbers under my profile name where it shows my finds/hides to bring up a list of just my hides or my finds which I would find exstreemly useful. What do you think ????

There is a Grease Monkey script that gives you that feature and several other useful features. I do not have the link at the moment, but I know it can be found in the General Discussion selection.

You're not the first one to get this brush-off from Groundspeak, and I'm betting you won't be the last. Just in case it's not clear...they are gaslighting you if they actually said the idea was being considered.

And the bit about passing it on to the powers that be? :laughing:

It's getting to be slightly ridiculous that they do this to people. They should stop misleading people like this.

I think I've got plenty of ways to see my finds and my hides separately.

My profile pages give me all I need.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

You're not the first one to get this brush-off from Groundspeak, and I'm betting you won't be the last. Just in case it's not clear...they are gaslighting you if they actually said the idea was being considered.

And the bit about passing it on to the powers that be? :laughing:

It's getting to be slightly ridiculous that they do this to people. They should stop misleading people like this.

I think I've got plenty of ways to see my finds and my hides separately.

My profile pages give me all I need.

B.

Hey Pup Patrol,

This is not true at all, as things currently stand. You may have felt this way in the past and that is a valid feeling due to the fact that you may not have seen any changes that you requested. Please know that even if you didn't see any changes on the website that we have recorded every idea that has come through these forums - we have a list of hundreds that many of us here would LOVE to see implemented into the site. We are cachers too and look forward to site improvements as much as the rest of you. Progress can be slow when you are looking at changes that affect millions of users - some ideas take vetting and time to figure out how to implement them without breaking other parts of the site. We are currently working toward some great community requested improvements.

The geocaching community that hangs out on the forums tends to be a very knowledgeable, informed bunch - akin to some cachers that a newbie might meet at a local event. If someone new posts a question or feature request on the forums it is our hope that this online community might be able to let them know helpful tips that may give them the solution to the request they have - similar to the other responses in this thread. In addition to the education that happens here, the forums are a great way to vet ideas from the community and improve upon them, since you are the ones that we will hear from if we release something that hasn't been well thought out. We care about the thoughts you have and we are paying attention to things that get brought up here, even if we aren't always super visible.

I hope this helps explain the situation a little more clearly. Thank you for being a helpful, active member of the community.