Incorrect # of finds

DotRatAllStars

For two weeks now my profile finds keep going back to 190.

example: My find count on monday was 190 I found two on tuesday and count went up to 192, but the very next day my count went back

to 190.

Anyone else have this problem?

TY

Wayne

I was going to suggest that perhaps you need to refresh your profile page, but I see you as having 190 finds as well.

Perhaps a cache owner or two have been deleting your extra "found it" logs? Have you received emails notifying you of log deletions? Perhaps they are in your spam folder?

Your statistics show that you have logged more than one "found it" log for the same GC codes:

Rockama~Fantastica has found 190 caches (184 distinct) since 08/16/2009.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Perhaps a cache owner or two have been deleting your extra "found it" logs? Have you received emails notifying you of log deletions? Perhaps they are in your spam folder?

Your statistics show that you have logged more than one "found it" log for the same GC codes:

Rockama~Fantastica has found 190 caches (184 distinct) since 08/16/2009.

This may be the explanation, since many cache owners doesn't allows duplicate finds on the cache listings. However, there those who sends an email asking for the duplicate log to be deleted, other just deletes the duplications without personal contact - in my opinion, both are correct.

I don't believe that its a deleting issue because it has been going on a couple of weeks now.

Are you getting emails from the website? Your "Jack of Diamonds" cache was found yesterday. Did you get an email notice telling you that? When your find numbers drop, there is a 99.99% chance that it is because cache owners are deleting your logs, most likely duplicate logs that are sent by mistake from a mobile device. When they delete a log, you should get an email notification telling you such. We really need to establish if are actually receiving emails from the website.

Over the years, virtually every time someone posts that their find count was dropping, it was because cache owners were deleting find logs and they were not getting the notifications telling them so. I can't recall a single case where the Groundspeak computers were actually eating people's logs and dropping their find count.