Using my iPhone App in Indonesia - Quick Question

dijitaldharma

So, I've been reading the forums about using the app sans data in other countries and I JUST want to be sure that I have the gist of what to do:

1. Save the caches I want to do to my offline list.

2. Turn off data on my phone

3. Cache away.

Is there any more information I need to know? I am a premium member, and I noticed that there was a perk of using google maps in international areas with premium. Does this come into play with offline use? Just wondering.

Thanks for any tips you can provide!

I leave tomorrow ;)

Edited by dijitaldharma

So, I've been reading the forums about using the app sans data in other countries and I JUST want to be sure that I have the gist of what to do:

3. Cache away.

Is there any more information I need to know? I am a premium member, and I noticed that there was a perk of using google maps in international areas with premium. Does this come into play with offline use? Just wondering.

I leave tomorrow ;)

Make sure you have Cellular Data, Roaming, 3G/4G/LTE all off. Some teeny bits of data may still push through, this happened to me. But only kb's worth and my phone company reversed the charges after I explained to them I had all 3 options off the whole time.

It's much trickier to cache offline so be prepared for that. The compass isn't a reliable and can be a bit wacky. You definitely need some patience with offline caching :lol:.

When you save them offline it doesn't save all photos, only like two. :(

You sound like you're good to go though!

Have fun!! :)

Edited by JingleBella

3. Cache away.

I leave tomorrow ;)

Make sure you have Cellular Data, Roaming, 3G/4G/LTE all off. Some teeny bits of data may still push through, this happened to me. But only kb's worth and my phone company reversed the charges after I explained to them I had all 3 options off the whole time.

It's much trickier to cache offline so be prepared for that. The compass isn't a reliable and can be a bit wacky. You definitely need some patience with offline caching :lol:.

When you save them offline it doesn't save all photos, only like two. :(

You sound like you're good to go though!

Have fun!! :)

Thanks for the info!!