Travel Bugs

Ghost-train

I have a problem where one of my TBs went missing for over a year and a half and several emails to the last catcher to have it went unanswered. I didn't log it as missing (hoping it would turn up ) but released a Copy of it. The copy went off overseas and amazingly in the last month,2 years after the originals disappearance it resurfaced. Now I have a TB called Pikorua in Belgium as well as one in Texas. Sooo ... what do I do.I am still waiting for a reply from the Texan catcher to see if he wants to keep it,so pulling one of the TBs out of circulation.I want to keep the one in Belgium to stay in circulation.

You're doing the right thing by trying to take one of the two out of circulation. It doesn't really matter which one gets withdrawn - I usually try to withdraw the 'copy' TB but I understand that you would rather the one in Europe continues travelling.

You can't do anything other than wait for a response from the cacher who has the original one 'in hand'. If he doesn't reply, and then drops it off into another cache you'll have to wait until the next cacher retrieves it and then email them instead. You could ask them just to put it in the bin or (if they're very kind) they might mail it back to you.

Good luck with your twins! :D

MrsB

I have a problem where one of my TBs went missing for over a year and a half and several emails to the last catcher to have it went unanswered. I didn't log it as missing (hoping it would turn up ) but released a Copy of it. The copy went off overseas and amazingly in the last month,2 years after the originals disappearance it resurfaced. Now I have a TB called Pikorua in Belgium as well as one in Texas. Sooo ... what do I do.I am still waiting for a reply from the Texan catcher to see if he wants to keep it,so pulling one of the TBs out of circulation.I want to keep the one in Belgium to stay in circulation.

Did you log where you placed the replacement? I can't find info in the logs about a TB traveling to Texas.

Some current info on your TB page will help. Something like This TB went missing on [date] and a replacement was released on [date]. I need to remove the duplicate from play. Please post a Note log here if you have one of these TBs, or if you can help.

And when you write to cachers, include an email address and ask them to use it. And if they post a Note log, they can see it's available to be read, and they can see your reply when you type a Note log, too. Groundspeak PM email is unreliable.

Edited by kunarion