calculate cache to cache route distance

Fredsjunk

Is there a way to calculate total distance from cache A to Cache B to Cache C Ect online?

I like to know a hiking distance before starting ( or even to determine if I want to go) and so far the only way I found is using CacheMaid on my android which works great but requires downloading a PQ or waiting for all the caches in a search area to download and process. I would prefer to find a way to do it from my desktop while online, or maybe GSAK or an iphone app? (I dont use the android anymore, and just dig it out for the distance calculations)

Thanks, but I would like something where I can click each cache on the map and it continually updates the distance. I know thats not extremely accurate but in cache maid its usually is pretty close so I thought there might be other programs/plug ins that do the same.

If I wanted to do this, I would use Google Earth, the Groundspeak .kml, and the Google Earth measuring tool.

Granted the locations of the various caches tend to jump around a bit, but I think the derived distances would be close enough to get a good idea of the overall distance involved with a particular route.

You could do point-to-point, or zoom in really close and follow the trail fairly precisely if you like.

I dont have mapsource or Basecamp, so GE it was. that seems to work good. Thanks for the suggestions. Often I find myself looking for a hike on the spur of the moment So I would still like to find someway to do it "live" online vs downloading caches and creating a KML for GE but until I find that solution, google earth it is. Thanks!