iPod went boom.

Leafcutter

Well, I went on my first GeoHunt. I bike everywhere, so for me, I tend to bring my iPod to keep me energized. When I got to the coordinates, I should have immediately put the headphones and iPod in my bag, mostly because I had wires hanging from me that would be easily caught on the branches and such, but alas, I was a little too excited. I went for it anyway...

Well, the area was a gutted valley with a dried up stream in the center (It's Groovin Kitty's "St. Thomas" Cache). I barreled down the side a little too fast to start off with, but I recovered quick and didn't fall... good start. The coordinates led me to a rocky cliff of sorts, with a 20 foot drop or so on to other painful looking rocks. The rocks were really jumbled and mysterious, and I was positive the cache would be in there.... so I went looking. Well, lets just say I fully became aware of my iPod when it slipped out of the holder and fell. When I looked down, it was hanging ever so politely from my headphone jack, swinging in the misty wind. I paused for a second, in almost a serene euphoria, caught between the life and death of my most expensive toy in recent history. Thinking everything was okay, I slowly went to grab it when the jack popped out, throwing it down to the rocks below. I watched it bounce around 5 or 6 times before it landed 20 feet below in a mudpit. After the initial shock, I busted out laughing and climbed down below to see what was left. Although dented, the thing works fine and even though I am a rabid PC user, I find myself giving muted kudos to Apple for making hardcore products. Go Jobs.

Leafcutter

quote:
Originally posted by Leafcutter:

but alas, I was a little too excited.

When I looked down, it was hanging ever so politely from my headphone jack, swinging in the misty wind. I paused for a second, in almost a serene euphoria,

Is the ice in yet? Sounds like you can't wait for ice fishing season to begin. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Leafcutter:

Although dented, the thing works fine and even though I am a rabid PC user, I find myself giving muted kudos to Apple for making hardcore products. Go Jobs.

Leafcutter

I remember reading on an IPOD forum somewhere that a guy totalled his car or motorcycle. He walked back to his vehicle to see what was left of his IPOD and it was the ONLY thing working. Yes, they seem to be made very well. Yep, I just had to buy one too! Love it.

Drop back 10 and ........trip over the cache.