New to Geocaching.

duaneorlovski

So, I don't have any questions at the moment, but I just started geocaching last week. I've found one and it was a blast, I definitely intend on continuing the searches.

It's hard to believe that I had never heard about this before. I live in Minnesota in the United States and I'm planning a vacation to the Caribbean so I purchased a small personal GPS device. It came with a free month membership to Geocaching.com so I figured I'd check it out. The idea got me right from the start. Then the fact that caches are everywhere, even at my work, just make it so convenient to get off the couch and get outside.

I look forward to having a lot of fun with this.

Today, while checking on my boxes (I am a Letterboxer)I came across a geocache box that was not hidden.It was out on the ground in the middle of open woods. I covered it well but I wanted to contact the owner to let them know about my findings. I do not know much about Geocaching, so I am going off of what I know as a Letterboxer that clues/directions/coordinates are very important, so I feel that contacting them is imperative.

Can someone tell me how I can do that?

I searched for the box name but I could not find it and I did not see a geocacher's name on it anywhere.

All I saw was the box name and the date it was planted.

Any help would be appreciated!

Today, while checking on my boxes (I am a Letterboxer)I came across a geocache box that was not hidden.It was out on the ground in the middle of open woods. I covered it well but I wanted to contact the owner to let them know about my findings. I do not know much about Geocaching, so I am going off of what I know as a Letterboxer that clues/directions/coordinates are very important, so I feel that contacting them is imperative.

Can someone tell me how I can do that?

I searched for the box name but I could not find it and I did not see a geocacher's name on it anywhere.

All I saw was the box name and the date it was planted.

Any help would be appreciated!

Can you remember the name/date? Can you give us a general location where you found it? Then we can search the nearby listings to see if we can find the cache and the cache owner.

:)

yes...

It was in Huguenot Park in Midlothian VA off of the Shelter #2 path.

The box name was:

Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly

date it was planted was:

April 19th 2013.

It was in a green spray painted Lock & Lock box.

Please let me know if are able to contact the owner!

I want to make sure they know because I would hope someone

would do the same for me!

-Meg

yes...

The box name was:

date it was planted was:

April 19th 2013.

-Meg

Hmmm... I'm only seeing 2 caches in Huguenot Park, neither with that name or placement date.

Here's the link to one of them: GC35B5

The other one is a premium member only cache, so you won't be able to see the info for it, but it's named "When the Bough Breaks" and was placed on 3/22/12.

Neither of them were signed by a cacher named "Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly" or on 4/19/13, which was my other thought as to what that name and date were from.

I also looked nearby to see if there is a puzzle cache or a multi-cache that might have its final coordinates in the park, but didn't see anything promising.

Was there a logbook you found? Had it been signed? I'm wondering if it might've been a cache that was never published, or published and archived - neither of which I would be able to see.

Hmmm... mysterious!

I appreciate you looking! I might go back tomorrow and look for more info. There were just too many

yellow jackets around to really dig through the box thoroughly. It had A Lot of plastic toys and

necklaces in it as well as a log book, which where I got the Kelly name and the Planted date. It only

had one stamp in the inside and it was for a girlscout or boyscout group. If I do find more info I will

post on here again in hopes someone will be as courteous as you to check for me!

Thanks again!

-Meg

yes...

The box name was:

date it was planted was:

April 19th 2013.

-Meg

Hmmm... I'm only seeing 2 caches in Huguenot Park, neither with that name or placement date.

Here's the link to one of them: GC35B5

The other one is a premium member only cache, so you won't be able to see the info for it, but it's named "When the Bough Breaks" and was placed on 3/22/12.

Neither of them were signed by a cacher named "Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly" or on 4/19/13, which was my other thought as to what that name and date were from.

I also looked nearby to see if there is a puzzle cache or a multi-cache that might have its final coordinates in the park, but didn't see anything promising.

Was there a logbook you found? Had it been signed? I'm wondering if it might've been a cache that was never published, or published and archived - neither of which I would be able to see.

Hmmm... mysterious!