Are there any websites which allow you to post tracks on a map with a picture slide show, but not with the problems EveryTrail.com has?

I'm looking for a way to let others experience my hikes by posting my GPS track onto a Google Terrain map, with a picture slide show to the side. TrimbleOutdoors.com doesn't automatically cycle through the pictures like EveryTrail does, you have to manually click the next icon, plus it now costs money. EveryTrail.com used to be perfect, but now any trips you put together are so far zoomed out on the map that the picture locations don't make any sense to those who view it. I've experimented, and cannot change the default map zoom view. Plus, if you post on Facebook, it doesn't show a map icon like it used to. It would be nice to find a website which does that just like those RunKeeper posts you see from your Facebook friends, presenting a small map on their News Feed.

Here is what I mean by EveryTrail.com trips being zoomed too far out, to the point picture locations don't make sense: Recently created trip

This is how they used to look, zoomed in close enough: Older created trip

Does anyone know of any websites which allow you to post trips on Facebook, but not zoomed out too far like EveryTrail now just recently changed to?

Maybe try Garmin Adventures? You have to use BaseCamp to create and upload. I don't know that it will automatically make a slide show of your images, but it'll display them on the map and on the side and allow you to click on them to enlarge. It's not a bad interface considering that every site has their problems. Alternately, you could contact the maintainers of HikingUpward.com and find out how they put their site together and do something similar, but it's not exactly what you're looking for.

Another 1/2 vote for BaseCamp. The slide show feature of your track and geotagged photos is very slick. However Garmin Adventures sucks inasmuch as it requires the user to install BaseCamp to view your final output.

If Garmin were to create a universal web based interface like flash or HTML5 it could be killer.

Oh wishful thinking!

Another 1/2 vote for BaseCamp. The slide show feature of your track and geotagged photos is very slick. However Garmin Adventures sucks inasmuch as it requires the user to install BaseCamp to view your final output.

If Garmin were to create a universal web based interface like flash or HTML5 it could be killer.

Oh wishful thinking!

Not entirely true. There is a web interface to Garmin Adventures, but it does require you to supply the URL to your users as the website is not searchable. Here's an example of adventures on the web:

Lookout Mountain. Though, even this is not the greatest.