Trackable Sheriff-style badge or similar

Beach_hut

Hi all,

I bought a hat recently as part of a fancy-dress event. (I was dressed as Woody from the Toy Story films, don't ask!)

Since then, I've grown attached to it and it's sort of become my 'caching hat'. But its dawned on me it's missing a certain something.. it's not trackable!

Has anyone any idea where I can obtain a trackable sheriff-style badge I can pin to it, or a non-trackable one I can get engraved with a TB code? I've googled so far without success.

Simple solution (I think, anyway)...

Google "badges". There are scads of manufacturers, some make single order badges. Provide them with the tracking number of a standard TB tag with the order and they would imprint it directly onto the badge (pin).

I would get a simple round badge with a gold star (five-point, the original "sheriff" badge) imprinted on it. Have them print a likeness of the TB scarab on the star badge, and your (provided) tracking number either directly across the scarab or in an arc beneath the scarab.

The scarab is important as it would be instantly identifiable by a cacher, not so-much-so by others.

Check first with Groundspeak, as the TB scarab is copyrighted. I do believe they allow its use for single individual purposes (not resale), but check first just to be safe.

Edit to add: Groundspeak Copyright Logo Usage: http://www.geocaching.com/about/logousage.aspx .

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee