I Stole a Cache Today

DenaliNW

Yep that was the right thing to do for sure.

On a side note, I had always driven by the area of Hiway 14 on my way to a friends house in Washougal, but never got around to check out that area. Next time I visit my folks this cache will be on the list.

I will just remember to be on the lookout for drunks with knifes...

We did the same thing, sorta. We found a cache in a small neighborhood cache, and didn't realize how close it was to some BMX trails. My husband noticed some boys trying to watch us, so we packed it all in our backpack, and walked off. We picked up trash for a while, even invited the boys to help us pick up trash, and about 20 minutes later, when it seemed they had lost interest in us, we replaced the cache. We also e-mailed the owner to warn him that it might be found by kids, and to keep an eye out. It has been found many times since, so apparently we didn't compromise the cache. Since then, we have learned a lot about being discreet while caching!(Although it is hard to be discreet with our cache crew of sometimes 5 or 6!) icon_wink.gif

We did the same thing, sorta. We found a cache in a small neighborhood cache, and didn't realize how close it was to some BMX trails. My husband noticed some boys trying to watch us, so we packed it all in our backpack, and walked off. We picked up trash for a while, even invited the boys to help us pick up trash, and about 20 minutes later, when it seemed they had lost interest in us, we replaced the cache. We also e-mailed the owner to warn him that it might be found by kids, and to keep an eye out. It has been found many times since, so apparently we didn't compromise the cache. Since then, we have learned a lot about being discreet while caching!(Although it is hard to be discreet with our cache crew of sometimes 5 or 6!) icon_wink.gif