get hints on GPS

stiltz49

I got a new GPSMAP62S and am trying to download caches and go paperless. I can send them to the GPS from each cache. All the data shows except the hint. I tried sending directly from each cache page and also saved as a GPX file and sending that to the GPS. They both seem to work the same except no hints. No, I have not learned or tried the pocket Quarry thing. I am trying to stay away from that at this time. Thanks in advance for any advise.

Stitlz49

Are you a newly Premium Member, too? Looks that way as the forums say you are not PM, but your profile does say you are PM.

It's an important tidbit...

If so:

DELETE ALL cache data that you had loaded onto your unit BEFORE being Premium.

Now, run your Pocket Query or a GPX "Send to GPS" and load it up. Hints and everything else you couldn't get before will be there.

You are trying to have both .LOC files data and .GPX files data on the same unit. It don't work.

You aren't the first to stumble into the problem and you won't be the last...

If you had never loaded data to the unit before becoming Premium, then that is not the problem.

From where are you sending to. Sounds like you are doing a query in the website and then checking them and downloading. That will only get loc files.

To get a GPX file you have to either click on the proper button on the cache page or use a PQ.

You should log out of the forums and back on. That will clear up the non premium status it currently shows.

PQ's are the best way either from the PQ page or the map view page.

There I fixed the PM statis. I have clicked on GPX file link on the page and saved it and a few more and then sent package to GPS, and I have used the Send to my GPS and like stated above and I always get everything except the Hint. Thanks again anymore ideas. Thanks

Stiltz49

Also, if you're sure they have a hint, how are you trying to navigate to it on the GPS unit? On my Garmin GPS unit, if I click on the cache icon on the map, but do not select "GO," I can see the description and the logs, but no hint. I have to select "GO" first, and then I can go to "View geocache" and in that menu click "Hint."

First off I want to thank everyone for the responses and ideas. It was my fault because I am new to this new Garmin and like redwoodkestrel said earlier is correct. After doing some more messing and learning the unit I figured out how to get the hints...

THANK YOU

STILTZ49

First off I want to thank everyone for the responses and ideas. It was my fault because I am new to this new Garmin and like redwoodkestrel said earlier is correct. After doing some more messing and learning the unit I figured out how to get the hints...

THANK YOU

STILTZ49

Well please tell me because I'm having the same problem!

Nelamvr6, Like stated before I click on 'find' then select geocaches and hit enter then select a cache and then hit 'enter' to go then hit 'page' to navigate the menu until 'caches' shows and when it opens I have my choices of several thing incluiding hints. I hope this makes sense because I went thru it step by step as I typed. I hope someone will correct this if I am wrong. To add to this mess I wish Garmin or someone would have information how this side of the GPSMAP 60S functions...