help with Oregon 550

4thnoel

I have a Garmin Oregon 550 and was wondering how you set it up to tell you how far until you reach the cache. Can you set it up to tell you how many feet until you reach it. I was told you can set it to how many miles then how many yards and feet. But I have looked on the manuals but cannot find it. Can anyone help me. I keep getting lost on the way and now my husband will not take me anymore.

After you pressed goto cache, go to the compass. The compass screen tells you the distance to the cache.

I am sorry, I cannot find goto. I have where to, compass and geocaches, When I go onto geocaches it does not give me the option to go to the compass.

After you pressed goto cache, go to the compass. The compass screen tells you the distance to the cache.

I am sorry, I cannot find goto. I have where to, compass and geocaches, When I go onto geocaches it does not give me the option to go to the compass.

The compass is one of the icons on the the menu screen, just like the Geocaches icon. When you are navigating to a cache (when you tap "Go"), you can then return to the menu and select Compass. The compass has 4 "dashboard items". Tap and hold to change any one of them.

See if this helps:

http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Geocaching

There are pictures and some basic info about the various features as it relates to Geocaching.

Once you get the hang of that, you can move 6 of the icons you use most (such as Geocaching and Compass) to that first menu screen for quick access.

Edited by kunarion