Notifications by Cache Owner/Hider?!?!?

Da Posse

Posed question directly to Groundspeak, who suggested I post to this forum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody else out there that would find it of benefit to add a field to look for (or in some cases ignore) a specific cache owner/hider to the notification alerts?

I typically get notifications of new postings within a few miles of home, but I know a few hiders that have AMAZING hides, always outside of my range, that I'd love to be told are posted and try for an FTF. Yes, I know I can expand my range (and ignore a bunch of postings) or search their profile (as time and luck permits), but both kinda defeat the purpose of notifications...and this seems like such a simple solution.

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

There are a few owners that if I knew they put something out, I'd head to, even though they're well past my normal range.

If I remember, I look on profiles and see if anything's new. Most times I forget 'til Months later.

Extending notification radius would only put more P&Gs in email that I wouldn't do anyway.

I like this idea, with the added feature that I can ignore by owner too.

- Ignore by owner has been a requested feature for years and still hasn't come to fruition.

There are more than a few I'd rather not have to see anymore.

I'd like to see Groundspeak adding this feature on site, free from having folks rely on (often awkward to grasp) third-party "fixes".

Edited by cerberus1