Adding audio in Earwigo

djhobby

I was wanting to test adding some audio to a cartridge. I use Earwigo to build my games, but I can't get audio to work. In the "tip and tricks" section on the Earwigo site it says: In the cartridge builder you create a sound media element (e.g. OpeningDoorSoundMedia) and assign

I interpret that as going to the Media tab and adding an mp3 just like I would a photo. Earwigo even changes the "Type" from jpg to mp3 after I upload the file. I then assigned that mp3 to a Message, and then have that message launch when the player enters a specific zone. But that doesn't seem to work. Any tips.

Thanks

DJ

Well, I played around with it further, and you can't assign the media/audio to a message. I noticed on the enter/exit events there was an option to "turn sound on or off" and that did it. So... never mind. :)

I have tweaked Earwigos's tips and tricks section a little to help the next user to straddle this hurdle a bit easier. Thank you for your input.