Adding a Previously found cache back on to Etrex10

Hi. Can anyone tell me how to put a previously found cache back on to the Etrex 10 so that it is visible. In the early days we made the mistake of marking caches as 'Found' on the Etrex 10. The problem is that now we want to find them again with other friends and though I've added them, they don't show in the cache list because we previously marked them as 'Found'. I've tried deleting various files and reset the GPS back to factory settings. All to no avail. Help!!

Would love to know the answer to this too - we have the same problem with the Etrex 20, accidentally hit the wrong button and now when ever we look on Base Camp it says it is found and doesn't appear when we are out in the field on the GPS or even under the caches found option.

Go into the Geocache list, press the button on the left and a menu will display.

Select "Show Found Caches" or something similar and your previously found caches will be displayed.

I used GSAK to load caches onto my eTrex 20 and export my found caches as a POI so they are there for reference.

Thanks BlackRose67 for your reply but I know what watery fowl means.

I run a pocket query and send the caches to GSAK, GSAK says the cache is unfound. I upload the caches to the Etrex 20 and check they have saved onto the GPS using Base Camp.

Basecamp says the cache is found.

When I disconnect thee GPS unit from the computer and look for the cache it not listed on the main cache list or in the found list.

The way I have done it in the past, Watery fowl, is to add the coordinates manually as a way point and print off the cache page for the description and the logs, luckily I've only done it once or twice and we have now found many of our previous DNF's.

It would probably help if you uploaded the GPX file directly - not through Basecamp.

When you plug your Garmin into your computer, open it up like you would a usb drive, so you can see the folders inside. One of the folders is for GPX files - open that one up.

Make sure you have deleted your previous PQ files if they overlap with the new one.

The drag the two GPX files that you got when you unzipped the PQ into the folder.

All the geocaches should now show up since you didn't filter them through Basecamp first.

It would probably help if you uploaded the GPX file directly - not through Basecamp.

All the geocaches should now show up since you didn't filter them through Basecamp first.

It doesn't seem to mak any difference.

I've loaded GPX files via GSAK, that had previously Found Caches in them even though I took the time to mark them as unfound in GSAK.

They still show as found on my E20. I think that the Ex0 series stores the found caches in an archived file onboard the GPS.

Here's a fix. Go to geocaches, then click on the left menu button, then SHOW FOUND. Find the cache you want to make available again, click on it, then log it again, but this time log it as UNATTEMPTED. That will make the icon a "closed chest" again. Then the geocache will once again show up with the rest of the unfounded geocaches.