MAC software

Fredsjunk

I have a friend that has a MAC book and just got a Oregon 450T. Is there software that will allow him to drag a box on a map then load caches within that box and send to the Oregon AND most of all, download the caches he has marked as found on the Oregon, then enter his log info then upload to Geocaching site. (both like GSAK does) I know NOTHING about MAC's so sorry for this basic question.

I have a friend that has a MAC book and just got a Oregon 450T. Is there software that will allow him to drag a box on a map then load caches within that box and send to the Oregon AND most of all, download the caches he has marked as found on the Oregon, then enter his log info then upload to Geocaching site. (both like GSAK does) I know NOTHING about MAC's so sorry for this basic question.

I am currently playing with icaching which is Mac based caching software but I don't think it will do what you are looking for. I believe there is an application called MacCaching but it looks like it hasn't seen any development since around 2009.

Andrew

Thanks, I looked at both of those on their websites and youtube videos, and I dont think either looks very promising.

How about software that just reads the 'founds' from the gps and allows logs to be written from that list, and other features, if any, would be secondary.

trying to find a way to log found caches downloaded from the gps is the most important..

otherwise I'm thinking of having him check in to a cheapo used netbook that I hope would run GSAK

How about software that just reads the 'founds' from the gps and allows logs to be written from that list...

You don't need any additional software to do that. Just upload the field notes file here, then convert the field notes to logs and type up your experience. That's what I do with my 450.