creating a new cache for publication

bobbyleggo

Hi folks,

looking for advice on how to change the font and text colour on our cache descriptions. we have tried to type them on word and cut and paste, but it changes back to standard text and font colour on the cache page. can anyone advise how we can make our cache pages more interesting.

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi folks,

looking for advice on how to change the font and text colour on our cache descriptions. we have tried to type them on word and cut and paste, but it changes back to standard text and font colour on the cache page. can anyone advise how we can make our cache pages more interesting.

Thanks in advance for your help

Help Center → Geocaching → Cache Ownership: A Long-Term Relationship

6.4. HTML In Cache Descriptions

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=79

Help Center → Geocaching → Review Process: Hiding a Geocache

4.3. Getting Your Cache Listed Quickly

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=77

Formatting: If you are using the old form and choose to supply HTML code, check the appropriate box for the text to render correctly. View your page to check your code.

B.

As the other poster said, you've got to get a bit of familiarity with HTML commands in order to get past the default settings for color, font, size, etc. for a cache listing. It's a bit tedious at first, but worth the effort. The basic commands are listed on some websites. The standard procedure is to enter a command to start a special effect, and then a command to end it.

Here's a simple example. First, I used parentheses so they wouldn't actually work, because then you couldn't see what was going on, and then I replaced the parentheses with brackets, and you have the effect:

(I)(font="Comic Sans MS")(size="4")(color="#4B0082")(quote)Testing!(/quote)(/color)(/size)(/font)(/I)

Testing!
Edited by wmpastor