I want to hide a GC; when do I get the GC code?

jasper07

Hi all,

I am working on my first geocache to hide. I am aware of the online form to fill. However, I want to hide the cache container first (as should be), and then apply for the publishing. As it is appropriate I would like to add the GC code to the container and the logbook, as well as using the Geochecker which needs the GC code, too. So here's my question: can I get the GC code before publishing the listing?

(I've been trying to use the 'Search' function, but funny enough the search system answered: 'The following search terms are not allowed and were removed from your query: code' haha...)

Thanks for any answers

jasper07

The GC code is generated when you build and submit your cache page.

You can build and submit the cache page without submitting the cache for review.

This allows you time to get everything just so, including nice, accurate coordinates and then, when everything is ready, submit the finished product for review and publication :)

While the cache page is a work-in-progress you should see a box at the top which states:

Your cache page has not been reviewed yet. It will not appear in the review queue until you enable it.

Once it is enabled, you will receive a confirmation email that it was successfully submitted. It is peak season for cache placement. Your volunteer reviewer will strive to begin the review process within the next 7 days.

Please take a moment to check the listing and ensure it is ready to enable. Clicking "Submit for Review" will enable your cache page.

Until you check the box which states Yes, the cache is in place and ready to be found, the reviewer won't review it or publish it.

Go ahead and create your cache listing page. Just do not check "Submit for Review". When you create the page the GC code number will be assigned to it, but it will not be forwarded to a reviewer yet for publication. Take as long as you need to create the page, refine your coordinates, etc. Then when you have everything like you want it and the container in place, select Submit for Review...only then will it go to a reviewer for publication. Expect it to be published within anywhere from a day or two to a week.

(I've been trying to use the 'Search' function, but funny enough the search system answered: 'The following search terms are not allowed and were removed from your query: code' haha...)

Thanks for any answers

jasper07

Wow-I see a lot of people don't even bother that, and ask the same question that's been asked 3 times a month.

I'm assuming not being allowed to search for "code" has something to do with that we are not supposed to ask for help(or offer it) on solving specific codes for specific geocaches.