Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Math Teacher

National Monuments

6 posts in this topic

I was reviewing the list of 108 national monuments in the United States as I wanted to create a waymark for that category. Why is there no category for this? There is not a whole lot of duplication that one would expect. Am I missing something here? If it is obvious, please do not laugh at me. If it is not, then I want to make this a category so I can waymark my National Monument. By the way, there are national monuments in other countries as well.

I was reviewing the list of 108 national monuments in the United States as I wanted to create a waymark for that category. Why is there no category for this? There is not a whole lot of duplication that one would expect. Am I missing something here? If it is obvious, please do not laugh at me. If it is not, then I want to make this a category so I can waymark my National Monument. By the way, there are national monuments in other countries as well.

I have recently submitted many waymarks into the Lava Beds National Monument and assumed these Monuments fell into the National Parks of the World Category? The category description reads:

... For a location to qualify to be listed it must: Be part of a national park system, be it a park, recreation area, monument, etc.

From reading this, I'm assuming any National Monument can be included in this category.

B)

I'm glad you posted this topic, Math Teacher, I just noticed that no one has submitted the Lava Beds National Monument in the National Parks of the World category! I'm submitting it now! Thanks!

:laughing:

If the National Monument is managed by the National Park Service they can submitted to the National Parks (US) category also.

I was unaware all national Monuments were national parks

Edited by Math Teacher