Interesting adventure on a new "series" cache.

Look a little further down at granvilleisland's log. No wonder the father got so upset at someone sneeking around in the park. Of course he could be suspicious at seeing a grown male in the park with a teddy bear as well.

That's why I avoid caches in urban parks near playgrounds.

-- I found it in the last place I looked.

Actually, I wasn't trying too hard to be inconspicuous. Just walked down the trail past the area with the cache, turned left out of sight of the family, and came back through the trees. He was either watching me from the time I got out of the car, or heard me walking in the bush (On a small trail). Also, the Teddy bear was in the cache when I got there. I took it out to get at the log book, and happened to be holding it an an unfortunate time. I think it is just an problem with the cache location. It's too close to the playground.

Sounds like you were plain and simply *unlucky* to encounter this hyper-protective father.

I had an awkward encounter myself a couple of weeks ago where I was quite far off the beaten path and was in the process of signing a log book when a guy came up behind me and started lecturing me about Oak rot or something. At least he wasn't harrassing me. For some reason I guess he thought I was homeless and was setting up a camp because he kept saying not to set up a camp under this grove of trees as they fall over from the disease they have.

The whole time he is lecturing me while this cache is sitting open and I'm knelt over it with pen and gpsr in hand. I just smiled and said "oooh ok" and "yeah ok, that's good to know" a lot. I was a lot more lucky than you but it was still quite awkward.

He left, I TNLNSL and re-hid the cache as best I could. Someone found it just the other day so I know the guy didn't come back and disturb it.

-Dan

Team Kender - "The Sun is coming up!" "No, the horizon is going down."