[Suggestion] Make 'Add to Watchlist' work like Favorites

Delta68

When I click the link to add to watchlist, it then shows me the watchlist.

I don't need to see the watchlist. If I am using my iPhone or something with a very slow connection it is piggin' irritating having to wait for a wage to load which I don't even want to see!

It need updating so it works like the 'Add to Favorites' link

So there!

Yes, there is bound to be someone who likes to view their Watchlist each time they add a cache to it but I'm pretty sure they would be in the minority :blink:

Mark

When I click the link to add to watchlist, it then shows me the watchlist.

I don't need to see the watchlist. If I am using my iPhone or something with a very slow connection it is piggin' irritating having to wait for a wage to load which I don't even want to see!

It need updating so it works like the 'Add to Favorites' link

I can see how this could come in handy, especially in the field. There's a "Manage Favorites" link on my profile page, maybe they could also add a "Manage Watchlist" link so we could go directly to the Watchlist instead of it taking two clicks ("Manage Lists" then "Watchlist").

--Larry

When I add to the watchlist, I like to be reminded what's there.

Caches that could be removed are there on the page to view.

I can honestly say that I have NEVER added a cache to the watchlist and then done ANYTHING with the watchlist other than click 'back' or closed the page

I think the only time I remove anything is when I've received one too many emails about a cache/trackable and I click the link within the email

I can honestly say that I have NEVER added a cache to the watchlist and then done ANYTHING with the watchlist other than click 'back' or closed the page

I think the only time I remove anything is when I've received one too many emails about a cache/trackable and I click the link within the email

The watchlist (for caches) is so very passé for PM cachers, but it is still useful for trackables.

Try creating a bookmark list where you get notified if caches on the list are logged...does the same thing as the watchlist.

It won't load the whole bookmark list when you are done creating the new bookmark.

I totally agree with this. Besides, when the page loads, I only see a screen full of items, pretty much the same items every time. I guess I have about 500 items on my Watchlist. When I'm adding a cache, I really have no desire to review the list, and I have no need to see it.

Your suggestion would save a lot of time and probably a lot of server time as well, which seems to be at a premium these days.

The watchlist (for caches) is so very passé for PM cachers, but it is still useful for trackables.

Try creating a bookmark list where you get notified if caches on the list are logged...does the same thing as the watchlist.

It won't load the whole bookmark list when you are done creating the new bookmark.

I use the Watchlist because it is easier to remove caches from it when the time comes to do so. If there was a direct link to remove an item from a bookmark list in the notification, I would probably use a bookmark list instead.

If I'm sat in front of a PC I will usually do a spot of housekeeping on my watchlist whenever I arrive at it.

Sometimes I'll add caches to the list just to see who gets the FTF, or I'll have trackables on there which I'm just watching until they have moved from wherever I've dropped them, or I'll have got bored of watching some of the caches on there so regular review / pruning after I've added something new suits me :)

Maybe when I'm mobile I'd prefer a less bandwidth hungry confirmation that the 'add to watchlist' operation has completed successfully - but I do like to have that confirmation.