Finding a nearby travelbug (car)

JEMdrop

I saw a car with a travelbug bumper sticker, but the number was blocked by the spoiler on the car. I know what town they were heading towards, and it's pretty much the only town that direction, but it's about a half hour further than my house. I'd recognize the car again if I find a picture. Is there any way to search for travelbugs by location, so that I can find that car and message the owner? I know it's a bit silly, but they're the only other car travelbug to come through my tiny town in the past 4 years...

Edited by JEMdrop

Is there any way to search for travelbugs by location, so that I can find that car and message the owner?

One word -- Nope!

Well maybe, but only if it had been logged (visited) a nearby cache. Even then, it will not provide you with the number you would need to log it. So, I guess the answer is still Nope!

It would allow you to send an email to the owner, however.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Just an idea...

Do you have a local geocaching group? Maybe there's one on facebook? Somewhere you could post a brief description of the vehicle and which town it was heading for and ask, "Does anyone know whose car it is?"

It sounds like the sort of thing that local cachers might be able to answer.

MrsB :)