I just saw my daughters cache being taken... sad

I was driving past my daughters cache site today and there was a mini van and a man with 2 kids there looking it over. We said nothing and did not want to intrude on the little kids having fun. I just drove past the site and the cache is gone. It is frustrating since the cache had been there over half a year and had 20+ visits. I will place a couple more, but in a more difficult spot to find. I only have my daughter on weekends, I will have to tell her her cache is gone next week. Luckily we changed out the logbook a few weeks ago, so those are not all lost...

Sorry this happened. I know she'll get over it. I only saw my daughter for years on alternate weekends. WHen things like what happened to you happened to my daughter, I felt more disturbed than she did I think because I was carrying around a lot of guilt. But you know what, she's now 23 years old, a great young woman, and she and me are really close. Good luck.

ALan

I would not be so quick as to accuse the cacher of lifting the cache. I just read the log that they added to your daughter's cache and though newbies, seem to be legitimate cachers. I'd suggest going back to the location and checking if maybe they inadvertently placed it in the wrong hidey hole and the other thing I would do would be to email them and tell them of the situation and ask if they had any suspicious onlookers during their visit. By placing a cache in a public place that's as you say "easy to watch", you've got to expect that your not the only one able to watch! Good Luck

I will go take it out of service, I wanted to give it a day to see if by chance the person taking it would read the note inside and decide to return it. Could be that the last legit people at the cache just made it obvious and some neighbor kids found it when they left it. I have a bum knee and can't get to it to check it out, but if someone saw it gone I will retire it. I saw the man with two kids and then drove past it again 90 minutes later. Could be that some neighbor kids got it.

The cache has been archived. I sent an e-mail to the last legitimate finder, but am sure after reading their post finding it that they had nothing to do with the cache going away. Must have been bad luck. It is funny how your mind connects the two events, the family finding the cache and the cache going away... but they in fact were two seperate events. I will be posting two new cache sites within a mile of the old one soon.

quote:
Originally posted by wildkirsten:

...I will be posting two new cache sites within a mile of the old one soon.

I'm sure your daughter's going to be real proud of her Dad and his two new sites to make up for the the one lost.

Alan icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by wildkirsten:

...I will be posting two new cache sites within a mile of the old one soon.

I'm sure your daughter's going to be real proud of her Dad and his two new sites to make up for the the one lost.

Alan icon_smile.gif