Where to find Cache coords to input manually

22_Barney

You don't use any map.

You put yourself and the GPSr AT the place where you wish to put the cache and read them from your unit.

Thanks for the reply Gitchee! I am not looking to place a cache right now though, I am going to go look for some if I can figure out where to find the coordinates for them.

I'm drawing the conclusion that I can't access cache coords as a basic member. <_<

Sorry, misunderstood the question.

You should be able to access the coordinates on each and every cache page (except for Premium Member-only caches).

If you have not yet responded to a "verification" email from Groundspeak, you need to do that first, I believe.

Then just for basic principle, log out of then back into geocaching.com. The coordinates should be available to you.

I'm drawing the conclusion that I can't access cache coords as a basic member. <_<

Well of course you can!

First, are you logged in? Make sure you are logged in to the site.

Did you just sign up? If so you should receive an email from Groundspeak asking you to validate your membership. You must reply to this email. If you don't see it in your Inbox, check your spam folder.

After you have replied to the email you need to log off the site and log back in for your status to take effect.

Once you have done that, you should see the coordinates listed on the cache page.

Come on back if you have any other questions 😊

And you don't need to input coordinates manually. (You didn't mention what gps your are using.)

What I've done for years, as a Basic Member and as a Premium Member, is to save the coordinates to a folder I've created on my computer.

Then I use GPSBabel to transfer the coordinates from the computer to the gps.

http://www.gpsbabel.org/

But you need to be logged in to be able to save the .loc files to your computer.

On each cache page, there is a button that says "LOC waypoint file". That's the button you click in order to save the coordinates to your computer.

B.

And you don't need to input coordinates manually. (You didn't mention what gps your are using.)

What I've done for years, as a Basic Member and as a Premium Member, is to save the coordinates to a folder I've created on my computer.

Then I use GPSBabel to transfer the coordinates from the computer to the gps.

http://www.gpsbabel.org/

But you need to be logged in to be able to save the .loc files to your computer.

On each cache page, there is a button that says "LOC waypoint file". That's the button you click in order to save the coordinates to your computer.

B.

Sounds great, I'll check it out when I get back from a quick and easy cache hunt! Thanks