ftf before published

do you search for a unpublished cache if you see a pattern in a daily cache series?

- since I'm currently doing a 'cache-a-day' streak and am running out of caches within 10 miles of home, I'd totally do this.

If you do find a unpublished cache would you ever take the ftf slot on the paper or would you write your name below?

- If I was ftf, I'd claim ftf wether it is published or not. Once/if it is published, I'd backdate my log to the day I found it.

would you take the ftf prize of a unpublished cache?

- If I knew it was the ftf prize and I was FTF and I could get some use out of the prize, yes....I'd take it.

all these ive encountered and imo from what i see is, the game is very simple with very few simple rules. People could add twists to how they play the game, but if it conflicts with the basic way of playing for others why ruin it by writting off ftf on paperwork and snaging the prize the day before? Ive always stuck up for what seems wrong correct me if im incorrect?

- I'm a bit confused, but it sounds like you would not claim ftf or take the prize on an unpublished cache. You are not incorrect for playing how you play. I don't think it is incorrect at all to find a cache first and claim ftf on it even if the cache has not been published yet. The cache is 'born' the second it is placed. Not the second it is published online. Neither of us are incorrect. We just have differeing perspectives.

You win. Canadians are so much more polite than us.

Most people would agree with that.

Well, thanks. That's probably the first (and last) argument I'll win on this forum. :)

Here's my obnoxious FTF log from last night:

Found it Found it

04/25/2013

FTF at 11:50pm!! Woo hoo!!

This one was a lot of fun for a couple of reasons. First of all, it was my birthday today and it's nice to have a FTF on your birthday. Second, I did it by bike! Mr Incredible had taken the cachemobile to work and I saw this new one published only 1km from my home...what to do...what to do..? After a bit of indecision, I decided to go for it. After pumping the bike tires, I set off into the night. There was hardly any traffic so biking down McKenzie was a pleasure. I arrived at GZ surprisingly quick, but it was not the GZ that I had expected. I was thinking it would be on the nearby walking path where another cache had been, but no, it wasn't. I poked around a bit on the wrong side of the path, then crossed over and made the find. Success! I knew islandfinders would be on his way, so I hung around a bit and sure enough he showed up. We had a little chat about caching and how sensible people were in bed at midnight, not chasing after FTFs.

Thanks so much Nicklbe for the FTF prize and all the fun tonight!

I'm still looking for the 'obnoxious' part. :unsure:

FTF on your birthday?

You had it coming! :)