postcard traders

I collect postcards and was wondering if anyone would like to trade postcards. i have about 2 dozen new cards to send out.

i haven't set up my "post office" yet but will add the GC# here after it is in place.

if you would like to trade just post here:

user name to receive card and the GC# of the cache you would like it dropped off at.

Mel / carramel0705

I collect postcards and was wondering if anyone would like to trade postcards. i have about 2 dozen new cards to send out.

i haven't set up my "post office" yet but will add the GC# here after it is in place.

if you would like to trade just post here:

user name to receive card and the GC# of the cache you would like it dropped off at.

Mel / carramel0705

I'm not sure we understand what you are trying to do here.

Do you want a PenPal to send postcards in the mail? Or to swap cards featuring different locations through the mail?

Are you trying to 'send' cards by 'cache-post', where you put what cache it wants to reach on it and it tries to find its way to that cache? (If so, you might look into travel bugs).

I'm not sure we understand what you are trying to do here.

Do you want a PenPal to send postcards in the mail? Or to swap cards featuring different locations through the mail?

Are you trying to 'send' cards by 'cache-post', where you put what cache it wants to reach on it and it tries to find its way to that cache? (If so, you might look into travel bugs).

We tried this a few years ago, within the UK. We sent off four postcards to other UK cachers, "addressed" to either one of their own caches, or a cache close to them. Only one ever arrived - it took about 2 years to do about 400 miles from the UK's Lake District to south Wales.

Here's one of our postcards that's actually a proper travel bug - It's done over 33,000 miles so far and as it's tracked within the geocaching.com system at least we know where it is!

Postcard from Kruger National Park to Georgia, US.

MrsB :)

Mrs. B: What an interesting idea of attaching a TB to a postcard. I was checking out the photos of this trackable and it looks like you laminated the TB to the postcard. How do you read the TB number? I would like to try sending one of these out into the world too.

Yes, the TB tag is laminated onto the postcard with the tracking number visible. If you look at the pic of the postcard you'll see I've stuck a convenient blob of Blutac over the number to temporarily obscure it on the photo ;)

9b682240-2a66-494b-a293-1212cb55a513.jpg

MrsB

Edited by The Blorenges

We tried this a few years ago, within the UK. We sent off four postcards to other UK cachers, "addressed" to either one of their own caches, or a cache close to them. Only one ever arrived - it took about 2 years to do about 400 miles from the UK's Lake District to south Wales.

Here's one of our postcards that's actually a proper travel bug - It's done over 33,000 miles so far and as it's tracked within the geocaching.com system at least we know where it is!

I found your TB postcard and meant to drop it off in GA, but we never stopped so I put it in one of my hotels.

I found your TB postcard and meant to drop it off in GA, but we never stopped so I put it in one of my hotels.

Ahha! Yes! You picked it up from down in Florida... and I got all excited because you were going to drop it in Georgia... but then you took it all the way back up to New Jersey again... :(

Never mind. Such is the travelling life of a travel bug. I know your intentions were honorable. ;)

MrsB

Ahha! Yes! You picked it up from down in Florida... and I got all excited because you were going to drop it in Georgia... but then you took it all the way back up to New Jersey again... :(

Never mind. Such is the travelling life of a travel bug. I know your intentions were honorable. ;)

MrsB

Yeah, we stopped at a rest stop in GA and there was a hotel. Went searching and turns out the ammo can was gone. We have a lot of good cachers around here so hopefully it will move along. It is still a mile or so away from me so if I hear about anyone going south I will tell them about it.

True, there would be an expense associated with using a travel bug (although I have a few numbers I could re-use, as they have since gone missing and could come up for another mission).

However, for the price of a trackable, you get the benefit of tracking and seeing what (extremely circutous) route the card might take. Also the hope that people will recognize it is a traveling trackable and move it on as such, whereas if it is just a card I feel that it might get kept as swag rather than moving on. And you will never know if it makes it to its destination (or more likely not).

But even still, you are perfectly welcome to write a number of a cache on a card, send it out, and see what happens.